We Aspire to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Boulder Philharmonic Orchestra values sharing the life-enriching potential of orchestral music with all members of the community that we serve. We want everyone regardless of age, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, physical capacity, income level or educational attainment to have access to the music we make and to feel welcomed by us. Acknowledging the shortcomings of our past efforts and exploring new ways that allow people to recognize something of themselves in and experience a sense of connection to orchestral music, we commit to:
- Present music in ways that evoke a sense of shared humanity among the composers, performers and listeners involved.
- Offer music written by, and performed by, creators of diverse identities.
- Support education and community engagement projects targeted to people in our community who might not otherwise have the opportunity to engage with orchestral music.
- Direct our commissioning efforts to a wide range of composers and collaborate with a wide array of partners.
- Increase the diversity of perspectives brought to bear—by board, staff, musicians, and community members—on organizational decisions and actions.
- Discover and eliminate barriers that limit access to our music.